If anyone knows how to save energy and energy costs, it’s Skip Bedell! Check out four great ways you can do just that while it’s still sweltering out this summer, with products from CertainTeed, Honeywell, Gree and Hunter, as seen on FOX & Friends!
The Department of Energy says that the leading cause of energy waste in the home is inadequate insulation and air leakage. Insulation cuts heating/cooling bill by up to 20%.
Insulation and smart vapor retarders are critical to a home’s overall comfort for Thermal Performance, Moisture Management, Air Tightness and Acoustics.
- Moisture in homes walls is inevitable and dangerous if not properly addressed. CertainTeed’s MemBrain™ Continuous Air Barrier & Smart Vapor Retarder is the industry’s most advanced technology to create a better performing home.
- This patented, revolutionary solution provides a continuous air barrier along with advanced moisture management in a single product, helping achieve Complete Comfort. Available at Amazon
- CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation® brings you long-lasting comfort through thermal performance, reduced noise levels and indoor air quality. Not only will it help you save energy it will last for the life of the building as it won’t settle, or accumulate moisture.
- CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is made of fiberglass that consists of rapidly renewable content, a high percentage of recycled glass, and a new plant-based binder that has no formaldehyde, harsh acrylics, dyes or unnecessary fire retardants added.
TWO: PROGRAMMABLE SMART THERMOSTATS
Installing a smart thermostat can save up to $180 a year. By using a Smart Programmable Thermostats you can change the temperature even when you are away from home.
- Honeywell’s T5+ Smart Thermostat uses your smartphone’s location to change settings automatically. Heading out? Time for away/energy savings mode. Coming home? Your HVAC system can turn on to cool home before you arrive.
- The T5+ will work with your energy/utility provider’s demand response program to help you and your community save power – you may even be eligible for a notable rebate.
- You can control the T5+ with your voice by using Amazon’s Alexa, Google’s Assistant, or Apple’s Siri (and even your Apple Watch).
- The T5+ features alerts for extreme temperatures or humidity inside the home, filter change reminders, and more. Available at YourHome.Honeywell.com
THREE: INSTALL A DUCTLESS SPLIT SYSTEM
Enjoy 30% reduction in air getting through ducts with smart ductless cooling options.
- Sapphire is an ultra high-efficiency smart ductless split system from Gree, one of the world’s most trusted HVAC manufacturers. You can keep any room comfortable without sacrificing aesthetics. Save energy, stay cool without getting any ductwork done.
- Universal WiFi technology makes operation simple –enjoy direct control from your smartphone
- Efficiency and technology make Sapphire the smart choice for any home or office.
- A four way air-flow system can direct the airflow anywhere it is needed in the room.
- The Sapphire operates below typical library sound levels.
- The wall-mounted units blend well in any living space. The slim compact cabinet hangs inconspicuously on the wall and mixes well with most interior designs.
- Sapphire wall-mounted units have an easy-to-read backlit display and indicator lights, which provide information on room set point and operating mode, among other features. The display may be turned off for your convenience.
- The indoor fan can operate at different speeds, up to seven, for COOL or HEAT mode.
FOUR: INSTALL A CEILING FAN
If you use air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort.
- Hunter Fan Company, is making a life of innovation and connection possible with the Hunter SIMPLEconnect™ collection of smart fans.
- You can control all Hunter WiFi enabled fans with your voice by using Amazon’s Alexa, Google’s Assistant, or Apple’s Siri. It’s the only smart fan that works with all three!
- The Hunter SIMPLEconnect™ WiFi-enabled collection is also easy to install with step by step instructions anyone can follow on the app.
- Signal Ceiling Fan has an LED light designed for low energy consumption and longer light life-span, a 13 degree blade optimized to ensure ideal air movement and peak performance and three finish options like the newest Matte Nickel and Noble Bronze.
- Hunter has numerous fan designs in a number of styles and finishes, currently the largest selection on the market.