Tech is constantly improving, and it’s hard to keep up with the latest innovations. Skip breaks it down for you with some great products for your home that will make your life so much easier and safer!
Ring Alarm is a professionally monitored security system that offers affordable, commitment-free, DIY, home security for just $10 per month per location. It will seamlessly integrate with an unlimited number of Ring security devices, including Ring Doorbells and Ring Cams, for no extra fee. It does not require professional installation. Battery and LTE cellular backup enable professional monitoring even if the power goes out or broadband is unavailable. Ring Alarm provides neighbors with long awaited independence from the antiquated, overpriced alarm industry – no long-term contracts, high monthly costs, or hidden fees. Ring Alarm integrates with Alexa-enabled devices so users can arm and disarm their Alarm as well as lock and unlock their doors by speaking to Alexa.
Ring Alarm bundles are $199 and include:
○ Base Station
○ Contact Sensor (for a window or door)
○ Motion Detector (PIR)
○ Range Extender
Ring Protect subscriptions start at just $10 per month and include:
■ 24/7 professional monitoring at one location
■ Cloud video storage for an unlimited amount of Ring devices at any location
■ 10 percent off all future Ring.com device purchases
■ LTE cellular backup at one location
Sensors + Accessories
Several smart sensors are available for Ring Alarm to enhance the system’s ability to notify of harmful and disruptive events like floods, freezing and carbon monoxide. Simply connect the sensors to your Ring Alarm Base station to control them via the free Ring app for greater peace of mind whether home or away.
■ Ring Smoke & CO Listener ($35): This sensor connects to your Ring Alarm Base Station and sends alerts to your mobile device whenever your existing smoke or CO detectors are triggered.
■ Ring Flood & Freeze Sensor ($35): This sensor, placed near any water source in the home, connects to your Ring Alarm Base Station and sends an alert to your mobile device when water or freezing temperatures are detected.
■ Dome Siren ($30): This siren connects to your Ring Alarm Base Station and sounds off and flashes a light whenever a security event occurs, so you are alerted of an alarm event no matter where you are in the home.
■ First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm ($40): This alarm connects to your Ring Alarm Base Station and notifies you on your mobile device if smoke or carbon monoxide is detected.
○ Smart locks can now be controlled using the free Ring app available on iOS and Android. Simply connect the lock to your Ring Alarm Base Station and use the Ring app to conveniently lock and unlock your door remotely, view the smart lock’s status and battery level, and review event history.
○ Connect your Ring Alarm to Alexa-enabled devices for even more control with commands like: “Alexa, lock the front door.”
○ Coming February 2019, smart locks will further integrate with Ring Alarm so that, for example, when the lock is put into the locked position, Alarm is automatically put into “Armed” mode.
Smart locks now available in a variety of finishes at Ring.com:
■ Kwikset SmartCode 888 Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt
■ Schlage Connect Smart Z-Wave Deadbolt
■ Yale Real Living Assure Lock SL With Z-Wave Plus
■ Later in 2019, Ring will also integrate with August so customers can lock and unlock their August Smart Lock Pro via their Ring app.
○ Additionally, Ring Alarm and Ring Doorbells and Cams can now communicate with one another so that, for example, when the Alarm sounds, it will automatically trigger all Ring cameras to begin recording, even if they do not detect motion.
○ Ring Alarm is compatible with Alexa Guard. Just say, “Alexa, I’m leaving,” and Alexa will notify you if she detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking while you’re away. These notifications, called Smart Alerts, are sent to your phone to let you know which sound was detected, as well as an audio clip of that event for your review.
● Ring Alarm is available at Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com, Homedepot.com, Ring.com.
Control your lights, music, climate, locks and more.
If you have a lot of smart home devices, sometimes it feels like a chore to deal with them. There are 20 apps to manage to manage your home and guests, kids, and yet you often can’t do something as simple as play music on the Sonos or even turn on the lights. There is a solution to help you with this called Brilliant.
Brilliant is a Smart Home Control. It installs in the place of a standard light switch. You literally swap out your old light switch and Brilliant takes its place. Brilliant is brand new kind of home control instantly making your standard lights smart and it unifies control of all of your other smart home devices in one central location.
You can control your Ring, Sonos, Nest, Hue lights, and hundreds of other products. And, they are the 1st product to have Amazon Alexa built-in to the light switch with a screen. You can ask Alexa anything and get a verbal and visual response.
When you have more than one Brilliant you can also do room-to-room video chat.Brilliant replaces any light switch in the home. It can be installed in just minutes with no additional hubs, wiring, batteries, or programming required. It instantly turns your lights into smart lights and gives you voice and touch control over all of your other smart home products.
From lights, climate, and music to whatever comes next, Brilliant simplifies your smart home experience by providing voice and touch controls for all of your smart home products directly on the wall.
- Instantly turns your standard lights into smart lights
- Connects to Sonos, Nest, Ring, August, Ecobee, and many more
- Installs in minutes with no additional hubs, wiring, batteries, or programming required
- Amazon Alexa is built-in allowing you to free up your countertops and desktops
Flo by Moen is a smart home water monitoring and leak detection system. It learns your home’s typical water habits and can help prevent water leaks, damage and waste. A single Flo by Moen device monitors and helps protect the entire home’s water supply system – monitoring 24/7. It helps to detect water supply line leaks throughout the home, including behind walls, in the foundation, washers, toilets, etc. If a leak or vulnerability in a pipe is detected, the device can be set to automatically shut off water into the home or you can shut water off remotely from the smart home app – a great feature for when you’re away from home or on vacation. The device is installed on the main water supply line going into the home. A single Flo by Moen device monitors and helps protect the entire home’s water supply system utilizing technology to calculate and monitor flow, pressure, and temperature. Flo by Moen can monitor and detect pipe leaks in the water supply system, some as small as a single drop of water per minute. Additionally, the device’s temperature sensors provide early warnings if water in the home’s water supply system is approaching freezing, helping to avoid burst pipes.
- Household leaks in the U.S. can account for one trillion gallons of water wasted per year, according to the EPA.
- Flo by Moen puts users in control of their homes’ water supply system, offering security from costly and emotional damage and providing valuable water savings. It provides users with real-time information about their home’s water consumption habits and alerts to any abnormalities.
- Plus, the Flo by Moen app helps users conserve water and reduce water bills with its sophisticated conservation program. At any time, homeowners can check their current water usage, compare to historical usage patterns, and set and monitor conservation goals within the app.
- Where can you get it?
- Visit HomeDepot.com for more information
- Price is $499