Skip Bedell was on TV today showing products from
Spring is here, and it is time to get outside and enjoy your living space. Today Skip showed you how to get your patio clean and yard ready and flourishing to enjoy time outside. Skip is a licensed professional contractor and is the host of Spike TV’s Catch a Contractor so he knows home improvement!
Q: How can I quickly and easily clean my pavers, patio, fence and house?
A: A powerwasher can deliver power and reach places that you never would be able to without the power of water pressure! Skip loves this gas powered DeWalt model with 3,800 PSI to get your whole exterior looking like new!
- HONDA GX Commercial Series Engine Starts Easy, Runs Smoothly, and Delivers High Output
- Direct Drive Engine & Pump for Streamlined Power Transmission from Engine to Pump
- Triplex Pump Design with Ceramic Pistons and Thermal Relief Valve. The Adjustable unloader offers full range of pressure settings.
- Welded Construction, 1-1/4″ Tubular Steel with Steel Engine Plate and Solid Steel 5/8″ Axle
- 3/8″ x 50′ Non-marring Hose with Quick Connectors for No Tools Assembly
- 5 Quick Connect nozzles (0°. 15°, 25°, 40°, & Soap) make swiching applications easy and fast!
- Downstream Detergent Injection System
Looking for an electric powered pressure washer? Look no further than this DeWalt model!
- DeWALT 1500 PSI @ 1.8 GPM Electric Pressure Washer.
- 120 Volt Induction Motor for High Performance.
- Maintenance-free Industrial Triplex Plunger Pump.
- Convenient Steel Cart for Ease of Mobility.
- Welded Construction, 1-1/4\” Tubular Steel.
- 1/4\” x 25′ Non-marring Hose with Easy Connectors for No Tools Assembly.
- 5 Quick Connect Nozzles – 0, 15, 25 40 and Soap.
- Detergent Siphoning System for Easy Soap Application.
Q: Where should we start in getting our backyard ready for more time outside?
A: Open the door to your backyard space and start with your patio. There is build up from the winter on your pavement, furniture, grills and windows. Start by getting solid cleaning products to get the job done. Skip loves Zep, it’s what the Pros use.
- Fast 505 Degreaser: not only is this product great for cleaning up heavy grease in your garage, it also works wonders on outdoor items like grills and even patio furniture
- Heavy-Duty Oven & Grill cleaner: specifically created for the toughest, baked on grease and soils to clean any outdoor oven or grill
- Heavy Duty Foaming Degreaser: specially formulated for heavy dirt, grease, and grime and the foam clings to any surface making it a favorite of professional cleaners
- Foaming Glass Cleaner: similarly, this product is loved by pros because the foam does not drip
Q: WHAT COMES NEXT? WHAT ABOUT THE YARD, HOW DO WE GET IT IN SHAPE AFTER A LONG WINTER?
A: Next look to your yard. You want to get it groomed and want to do it effectively. That is where EGO comes in. Lithium Ion batteries are making it easy for people to garden, you get the power and performance of gas without the mess fuss or fumes. And at the heart of this EGO’s 56 V lithium ion arch technology the most advanced and powerful battery in the industry.
- Mower: push start self propelled no need for gas
- String Trimmer: Industry’s first push button to wind the string, winding the string is the number on biggest pain point with a trimmer
- Blower: Strongest blower on the market today and quiet
- Hedge Trimmer: Industry’s first one inch cut diameter for cleaner lines
Q: ARE THERE OTHER THINGS WE CAN DO FOR THE GARDEN? ARE THERE OTHER TOOLS TO BRING THE GREEN OUT IN OUR GARDEN?
A: Gardening is an art, and that is where hand tools come in. You want to use hand tools to cut back over grown trees, bushes and plants from the winter to allow the garden to flourish. Let’s talk about the hand tools you must have, with the titanium coated blades, Skip loves FISKARS hand tools as they are built to last.
- Machete: The ultra-sharp blades with have a low-friction, rust-resistant coating glide through tough materials without sticking. You’ll love the performance handle design that maximizes comfort and control. Intelligent Texture Pattern – Strategically varied texture features large dimples where fingers rest for maximum grip and small dimples where the palm rests to help prevent blisters
- Titanium Bypass Power Gear 2 Lopper & Pruner: The patented elliptical gear with integrated cam mechanism (on pruners and loppers) optimizes power in the middle of the cut –where the branch is the thickest and the user’s strength is the weakest. Technology provides more cutting power than a standard single-pivot tool and helps reduce fatigue during prolonged use Advanced Blade Design Power through branches up to 3/4 inch thick with a pruner featuring patented PowerGear technology that gives you up to 3X more power on every cut.
Q: NOW THAT EVERYTHING IS GREEN AND LUSH HOW DO WE ENSURE IT STAYS THAT WAY?
A: Water with the smartest and only watering system that connects to both an above or below ground watering system. Orbit B-Hyve Smart Timer conserves water, measures water, allows for smart watering schedules.
- Download the free App for IOS or Android; Plug in the Wi-Fi Hub using the included wall adapter (works best if you plug it in as close to the inside wall to the outside faucet as possible); Connect timer to standard hose faucet and turn on the water; Easily connect the devises following the easy to use information wizard within the b-hyve App; Can be controlled either Wi-Fi (control from anywhere in the world)
- Smart Watering – Input information about the landscape profile, along with information about the type of sprinkler, and B-hyve will do the rest.
- Know the Flow – B-hyve manages water usage with a built-in flowmeter. Know exactly how much water is being used with each scheduled or manual watering.
- Expand to all of your yards faucets – B-hyve allows multiple mesh devices to communicate with each other using the B-hyve hub. That means you can add multiple B-hyve Hose Faucet Timers and control them all within one app.