Hurricane season is here, wildfires are burning, and Skip Bedell is back with the latest innovations to keep you prepared for any kind of disaster!
One of the first things to go wrong during a hurricane is losing your electricity – and lights. When it comes to lighting, one of my favorites is Milwaukee Tool– they are a leader in professional LED jobsite lighting, but with the versatility of their line it makes sense for anyone to consider them when it comes to hurricane preparedness. I personally use Milwaukee lighting at home and on the job site.
This USB rechargeable flashlight is great for going and checking the electrical box when the power goes out. Powered by REDLITHIUM® USB, the Milwaukee® USB Rechargeable 700L Flashlight delivers 700 lumens of TRUEVIEW™ High Definition output, and is capable of all-day runtime, over 2,000 recharges and 3X faster charging via USB. Waterproof and dustproof, this flashlight can withstand submersion up to 1M and the toughest conditions on and off the jobsite. A sliding head lets users adjust their beam pattern from spot to flood with up to 155 meter beam distance. The light includes High, Low and Strobe output modes and up-to 16 hours of runtime. The REDLITHIUM® USB Battery can be recharged in the light via Micro USB or swapped out with additional REDLITHIUM® USB Batteries for virtually no downtime. ,
This lantern is great for a family as they are hunkering down to weather out the storm. It’s the only lantern that adjusts to focus. The M12™ Lantern/Flood Light features a 180º-360º adjustable beam design to allow users to select between area lighting and task lighting for maximum versatility. With over 400 Lumens, the new unit delivers unmatched light output to illuminate large work areas. As an added value to the user, the light also includes a high power 2.1A USB port to charge tablets, smart phones, mp3 players and other electronic devices. With a rugged design and impact resistant lens, the new light is built to withstand abusive jobsite conditions.
This tower light is great to light up a flooded basement after the storm when making repairs. The M18™ ROCKET™ Dual Power Tower Light is providing more light on the job with 2,500 lumens of TRUEVIEW™ High Definition Output. All while having the capability being Dual Power, powered by M18™ or extension cord. The light head can be extended from 4-7’ to light overhead work or minimize shadows when casting light downward. Capable of filling large areas with light, it provides 2,500 lumens in its high mode, 1,100 in medium and 700 in low, and it can run for up to 4, 8, or 12 hours with an M18™ REDLITHIUM™ XC 5.0 Battery Pack. It uses TRUEVIEW™ High Definition Output providing neutral white color and a high color rendering index paired with a Milwaukee® designed reflector to produce an even beam pattern. Its reinforced legs are impact resistant, and its low center of gravity provides a stable base. The light head is protected by an impact-resistant lens and bezel, and it nests into a protective shroud for secure transport and storage. Its LEDs never need to be replaced, and are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Make it easy to get prepared for any emergency (hurricane, wildfire, earthquake or everyday emergency)
Personalized emergency bags for 1-6 people, pets, the car, school or office
$5 from every order is donated to disaster relief victims
1-Person Complete Bag (3-days) Red Backpack can be customized for 1-6 people and 3-7 days. Everything you’ll need to stay safe, warm, and fed after an emergency: complete with food and water, first aid, hygiene kits, shelter, warmth, tools, and off-the-grid light and communication.
Complete Emergency Bag for Dogs Everything you’ll need to keep your dog or cat safe, warm, and fed in an emergency; it’s the bag you need to bring your dog with you in a hurry.
Earthquakebag.com is a great one-stop shopping options for all emergency tools out there that you’ll need, from water filtration straws, super-innovative solar lights and chargers, dry-sealed bags, gas shutoff tools.
Why do you need a generator?
Each year millions of Americans are affected by power outages. It’s almost guaranteed during a hurricane. To reduce the impact of an unexpected power outage have a readily available source of backup power. A power outage can result in thousands of money in damage. There are two options – portable generators and home standby generators.
- Multi use: recreation – tailgating, camping, RVing, etc. – and on the job
- *Duel Fuel benefits – runs on propane, which has a long shelf life, cleaner burning fuel resulting in longer engine life and is readily available if you have a standard BBQ, and is available as Dual Fuel – can easily switch between and runs on gasoline or propane
- Starts completely automatically as soon as the power goes out – once it’s installed you don’t have to lift a finger
- Higher power capacity (can power your whole home)
- Wired into your home, everything has access to power
- Directly connected to your NG or LG – no refueling required
- Shell designed for residential operation = Quiet
Hurricanes bring water – lots of it. Water is the worst kind of damage you can have in your home. After a storm, it’s important that you remove the water as soon as possible. The gas powered engine allows this pump to work even if there’s a power outage, Easy to carry with a convenient transportation handle, this water pump covers a wide variety of applications. Everything from assistance with home flooding, pool or boat maintenance, irrigation and even clean water transport. The sturdy transportation handle provides easy portability when storing during the offseason or transporting to another location. The corrosion resistant pump housing and impeller volute provide optimal pumping performance. The steel base plate with rubber feet provide vibration isolation and increased stability during operation.
- Large fuel tank capacity for longer run times
- High GPM flow rates for maximum water transfer
- 108ft total head lift capacity
- Larger fill spout for easy priming
- Robust welded powder coated steel frames
- 3 Year best-in-class warranty
- EPA/CARB Compliant
PFT – Personal Floatation Device:
- Automatic inflation will automatically self-right most wearers within seconds of water entry
- 500 Denier Cordura outer shell
- Exclusive Membrane Inflatable Technology inflation cell
- Inflator inspection window and easy access flap
- Provides 26 lb. (100 N) buoyancy when inflated – 1.5x regular foam PFD
Pet Floatation Devices:
Ripstop Dog Life Jacket with Superior Buoyancy & Rescue Handle, 5 Sizes & 7 Colors
- BRIGHT COLOR: 8 different colors available, including 3 particularly BRIGHT colors and 2 Upgraded Camo style. REFLECTIVE detailing increases visibility in water, or low-light conditions
- SAFE MATERIAL: the materials of Vivaglory dog life jacket have passed CA65 standard, keeping your dog safe and comfortable wherever he/she roams
- SPORTS-STYLE DESIGN: sports-style design gives your beloved dog a new look and does not hinder his/her natural movement
- INTENSIVE BUOYANCY: uses up to 50% more floatation material than most others in the market, which provides ultimate buoyancy to keep pets safe in water